Pride events are a great example of community spirit through groups coming together to celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance.
Sponsoring and taking part in pride events is a fantastic way to showcase how much you value diversity and to allow your employees and customers to see you as an inclusive and friendly employer.
The main event on Plymouth Hoe offers one of the of the most visually stunning and photogenic Prides in the UK supporting Plymouth’s vision as a ‘Welcoming City’. The imagery and video footage from the day gets shared far and wide via social networks, the event receives good coverage in the local press and even national publications.
We are looking for support from local businesses that would like to take part and a great way for employers and firms to show how much they value diversity and getting people to take part in a fun and lively family day out.
Suggested Areas you can sponsor:
- Main Stage and entertainment – Very High Visability and most photographed
- Arts & Craft marquee
- Crew T-shirts
- Toilets and event infrastructure
- Our website and on-line social media (The combined Pride in Plymouth network is now in excess of 5,000 people) we actively participate in #PlymouthHour and #DevonHour
- Leaflets, posters and other printed material
- Volunteer training and organising meetings
Visit the Plymouth Pride Festival 2016 Page for more information and images of last years pride.
Long Term Sponsorship
In addition to sponsoring the main summer pride event you may consider becoming a partner in supporting our work through the year.
Our activities include:
- Providing a third party hate crime reporting and support service
- We present the bi-weekly Out Loud Radio Show from the Red House Community Radio Station
- We hold a bi-weekly informal social group called eXpresso Yourself
- Organise other social activities that help reduce the social isolation some members of the LGBT community face
- Regular LGBT themed film nights
- We also hold and manage the Plymouth LGBT Community Archive which we use in our work with schools and young people.
- We attend many events in the city increasing awareness and visibility of our hidden community and history.
- We offer support to LGBT asylum seekers – many face extreme social isolation .
As a sponsor you will get a feature in our full colour A5 Pride Guide – 2,000 copies was distributed in 2016, logo and link on our website, we will of course interact with you on Twitter and other social networks.
Please Contact Us if you are interested in becoming a sponsor we will gladly discuss any sponsorship ideas you may have that suits your organisation.