Pride events are a great example of community spirit through groups coming together to celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance.
Sponsoring and taking part in pride events is a fantastic way to showcase how much you value diversity and to allow your employees and customers to see you as an inclusive and friendly employer.
The annual Plymouth pride festival supports Plymouth’s vision as a ‘Welcoming City’. The imagery and video footage from the day gets shared far and wide via social networks, the event receives good coverage in the local press and even national publications.
We are looking for support from local businesses that would like to take part and a great way for employers and firms to show how much they value diversity and getting people to take part in a fun and lively family day out.
Suggested Areas you can sponsor:
- Main Stage and entertainment – Very High Visibility and most photographed
- Arts & Craft marquee
- Crew T-shirts
- Toilets and event infrastructure
- Our website and on-line social media (The combined Pride in Plymouth network is now in excess of 5,000 people) we actively participate in #PlymouthHour and #DevonHour
- Leaflets, posters and other printed material
- Volunteer training and organising meetings
Long Term Sponsorship
In addition to sponsoring the main summer pride event you may consider becoming a partner in supporting our work through the year.
Our activities include:
- Providing a third party hate crime reporting and support service
- We hold a bi-weekly informal social group called eXpresso Yourself
- Organise other social activities that help reduce the social isolation some members of the LGBT community face
- Regular LGBT themed film nights
- We also hold and manage the Plymouth LGBT Community Archive which we use in our work with schools and young people.
- We attend many events in the city increasing awareness and visibility of our hidden community and history.
- We offer support to LGBT asylum seekers – many face extreme social isolation .