On Saturday 18th April 2020 we will be holding a one day informal workshop looking at the positive and negative impacts of being LGBTQ on our mental health. Let’s Talk About IT!
Topics can include but not limited to:
- The mental stain of living a lie ‘being in the closet’
- The long journey to transition
- The pressure to conform
- Effects of Rejection & Bulling
- Pros and Cons of becoming part of a new family with a new social life
- The Inhumanity of the UK Asylum Process
Attendees will have opportunity to discuss their own experiences (if comfortable to do so). Through the day we will look at and discuss published articles relating to mental health and members of the LGBTQ communities.
We will build links to the reputable sources to share via our website we will also capture lived experience which can then be anonymised and shared.
The agenda will be fluid and it is important to point out that whilst talking about our mental health is a positive thing this is not a formal therapy session.
Morning and Afternoon refreshments will be provided along with a light lunch.
Spaces are limited so please book your FREE space via the EventBrite Page: