Saturday 3rd – Saturday 10th August
In the week leading up to Plymouth’s main Pride Festival on Saturday 10th August there is a series of events and workshops. Whether it’s learning the history of Plymouth’s vibrant LGBTQ community, creating your own Pride mask, flag or learning more about the support services available in the South West, there is lots to get involved with:
Our proud supporter Drake Circus will be hosting a series of events and workshops from Monday 5th August.
To celebrate Pride month in Plymouth, Drake Circus will be illuminated with the colours of the iconic Pride flag, complete with a new showstopping rainbow staircase on the 24-hour walkway and rainbow crossing in the car park.
- Monday 5th August – Plymouth College of Art – the team are kicking off the week with a Pride flag workshop. Get involved in creating a flag you can wave with pride at Saturday’s event.
- Tuesday 6th August – The Eddystone Trust – the team are in the centre providing customers with information on HIV and sexual health and services, including the C Card scheme.
- Wednesday 7th August – Plymouth College of Art – if you missed the team’s Pride flag workshop on Monday then you can catch them in the centre again for another day of exciting rainbow crafts.
- Thursday 8th August – Pride in Plymouth – the team will showcase their LGBT archive project, which has been fundamental in the resurgence of Pride within the city. This is a perfect opportunity to register as a volunteer.
- Friday 9th August – the Bill’s team have got a day of great giveaways planned, including a lucky dip where you could win big! Plus, join the team in a creative colouring task where you can design your own rainbow sundae.
- Saturday 10th August – Local artist Ella Brett will be hosting a Pride mask workshop for all ages, perfect for the city’s festivities on Plymouth Hoe.